Hi, I’m Jack and I am the new Employee Engagement Partner at The Condor Collective.
I have the honour of being the first male to join the team, and currently hold the award for best beard. For the past 4 and a half years I have been travelling the world with my girlfriend, Flo. So far on this trip we have been to 21 countries across 4 continents. We've navigated COVID, dodged bushfires, learned so many new skills, so much about ourselves and met some amazing people along the way.
As you can imagine there is too much to write about from the past few years. However, some notable stories include;
- A random Ecuadorian man climbing through our window in a tuxedo on the Galapagos islands.
- Staying at a random hostel in Rio where the owners insisted on hugging you every morning before sitting down with the whole family for breakfast.
- Being on a bus 15 hours and every time it slowed down cockroaches started crawling all over you.
- Getting trapped in a mud slide in Bolivia.
Highlight of our travels include:
- Converting a Toyota Hiace into a campervan and driving the whole way around Australia plus through the middle twice. (We affectionately named her Vanessa)
- Sailing through the San Blas islands from Colombia into Peru
- Swimming with Iguanas and hammerheads on the Galapagos
- Finding Pink Dolphins and Anacondas in the Amazon
- Seeing Whale Sharks, Mantas, Sharks, crocs and sea turtles hatching in Australia
I am happy to elaborate on any of these, give tips and share the other stories that can't be published. However, this isn't a travel blog, so I'll get to the point.
Happiness for me is getting a real understanding of what people do, how people live, and ultimately trying to understand what makes them happy. Travelling the world has given me all of this and more. I have also managed to find this in my professional career. My working life has been a mix of hospitality and recruitment with a bit of Aussie farming thrown in for good measure. These industries are people focused, fast paced and for me at least, fun.
I am really excited to be starting with The Condor Collective. It’s a new challenge in another people focused role and a chance to make some positive change. It's also a great opportunity to work with Holly and Paula again.
I will initially be starting as a remote worker as I am still traveling. I started this blog in Cambodia and finished it in Vietnam.
I don’t really know how to end this so I will just say... Holly, Paula, Nancy and I all share very similar values. We all have our own unique quirks and experiences but share the same vision. We exist to create happier employment for everyone.